Six Domain Name Registration Tips
Here are some tips about your domain registration.
When you choose your primary domain name make sure it is a name that is easy to spell and pronounce. Some webmasters register cute names like “shoes4U.com”
This kind of cute name can be difficult for people to remember. Was it “shoesforyou” or was it “shoes4you” or “shoesforu” I advise you not to go this track with your domain name. I would take a more conventional approach and register “shoesforyou”
- Register dashed (-) versions of your domain name like shoes-for-you.com. Forward this to your primary website address. This will increase your web presence. (More about this later)
- Register high scoring keyword domains and point those at your primary web site address. Again this will help your site ranking.
- Limit the maximum number of characters in your domain name to 25.
- Register your primary name as a “.com” then register a ”.net” version of your name to protect your site from traffic theft.
- Make sure it is a name that you like.